Old news from Armidale and New England

Local news from newspaper archives

Opossum gassed

leave a comment »

Saturday 16 February 1935, The Sydney Morning Herald

Accident in School Science Room.

TAMWORTH, Friday.

An opossum, which was gambolling at night on the roof of the Tamworth District High school, fell down a flue of the sulphuretted hydrogen generator In one of the science rooms, upsetting the apparatus. The opossum was found dead next morning. It had been gassed.

Advertisements

Written by macalba

May 13, 2010 at 6:00 am

Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s